Located on the site of a former army airfield in central Florida, Sebring is one of the most popular circuits in North America.
Racing at Sebring began in 1950; the first 12 Hours of Sebring was held in 1952. The circuit hosted the United States Grand Prix just once, in 1959. Bruce McLaren won the race in a Cooper-Climax.
The current GP Road Course at Sebring, which measures 3.74 miles (6.02km) and has been in use since 1999, is the sixth variation of the longer circuit layout. A shorter Club Road Course measures 1.703 miles (2.74km).
The 12 Hours of Sebring remains the most important event on the Sebring racing calendar; this year it is paired with the 1000 Miles of Sebring as part of the World Endurance Championship. The circuit also holds a race as part of the USA Formula 4 Championship and various GT Racing.
Major events happening at Sebring International Raceway in 2020
- March 18-21: Super Sebring 2020:
- March 20: 1000 Miles of Sebring (WEC)
- March 21: Twelve Hours of Sebring (IMSA)
- More events coming soon
Sebring International Raceway is located in central Florida, less than 100 miles from Orlando and Tampa.
Several of the busiest airports in the USA can be found within close proximity of Sebring, offer domestic and international connections with budget and full-service carriers:
- Punta Gorda Airport (PGD), 70 miles or a 1.5 hour drive away; discount flights with Allegiant Air.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) is 95 miles or 1 hr 45 drive from the circuit
- Tampa International Airport (TPA) is 110 miles or 2 hours drive from Sebring
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is 116 miles or hours drive away
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) us 151 miles or 2.5 hours drive away
- Miami International Airport (MIA), 166 miles or 2 hrs 40 mins drive away from Sebring
Sebring is also well connected to Florida and other US states via a network of interstate highways.
Sebring International Raceway is located in central Florida – there’s plenty of good hotels within an easy commute of the circuit
- Seven Sebring Raceway Hotel is the official hotel for the circuit, but rooms are likely to be sold out well in advance for major events. Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Sebring, approximately 15 miles from the circuit, is also recommended,
- Click here for all hotels in Sebring
- If you don’t mind a longer commute, both Tampa and Orlando are around 100 miles (2 hours drive) north of Sebring
Sebring International Raceway is available throughout the year for track days and driving experiences.
More information on the circuit website.